REALLY, 5?!

Is she REALLY 5?! I remember the day she was born. I did not sleep well the night before because I didn't know what was going on. I was worried. I felt like something wasn't right. As a result of all my worrying, I got a migraine the next day and called in sick to work. I finally received word that she was here, but had to wait to see her until that night. I cried when I saw her in the NICU. Not only because she was in the NICU, but because I was so happy. She was there because she swallowed some meconium. She was finally here. The last 5 years have been nothing but a BLAST. Playing with and watching her grow up.



Holding the first gift daddy gave her, on her actual birthday!



The gift daddy gave her, and the cake mommy made. Her pose is in perfect 5 year old fashion!



Sharing stinks! Even when your 5. She didn't want to share her balloons with Jaxen, but still posed with her new garden tools.



Jaxen thinks the world of her. Just look at his face, it says it all. Pure joy.



Oh! He can't get enough of playing with her!

A couple days later, we went to the zoo with Daddy for her birthday.









AWESOME Porcupines! They don't look like this on cartoons.



Look at their faces, they are looking at the orangutan the exact same way!







This Giraffe wanted us to know he could reach 14 feet!



And the baby is 6 feet tall. Sadly, this baby Giraffe died less than a week after our zoo trip. Apparently, it's mother couldn't take care of it.



Caught Zuri taking a drink. Cute baby elephant.



Daddy jumped on the bike,



and she had to follow.









He LOVED the slide!



Happy Birthday! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for putting together such a beautiful blog Heidi. Your comment at the top of this page, brought tears to my eyes. You are the best aunt a little girl could ever have. Love you! Stacie

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!