Snow, Oreos, Marshmallows...Easter!

"Good Morning, Jaxen. Guess who came?"





The Easter Bunny! Look Mama.



Fun! It lights up, and plays music.



Cool Shirt.



Easter Morning, SNOW! It's normal for here. We were just hoping for a less wet Easter.



Easter Oreo's. Just melt white chocolate, dye the chocolate, and dip the Oreo's.



The Easter Bunny stopped by Daddy's house for Emma. He brought it to the party for her.



What!? A carrot? She was happier when we told her it was candy.



It's money.



Easter basket from Daddy's house.



Dad explaining how to send him a letter with the new stationary.



"Dad, you could take this end of the rope and pull me over there."





Are there any more jelly beans?



Sweet Granny JoAnnie


LOVED the lesson Aunt Laurie gave about Christ's resurrection.



Aunt Laurie telling the story.



Oh! Can I eat it?



In the object lesson, the marshmallow represents Jesus. I love the tender, careful way Carson is holding the marshmallow.



You roll it in butter. The butter represents the oils put on Christ's body.



Then you roll it in cinnamon and sugar. The cinnamon and sugar represent the herbs & spices used to treat Christ's body.



This was funny. "Jessica, those smell weird. Don't you think those things smell weird?" Referring to the croissants.



Next, you roll the marshmallow in the croissant. The croissant represents Christ's tomb.



Wrapping the marshmallow in the "tomb".



Then, you bake it, and look at that, the marshmallow is gone! The tomb is empty, Christ is risen.



Ben sat very nicely through the lesson. Poor kid, all the boys are gone on missions. He has us to hang out with us for now. We're glad he comes.



Avery listening to the lesson.



Carson listening to the lesson. His slight smile tells me he likes the object lesson.



Emma listening.



These three put the basket on their head to get a rise out of Jaxen.



This picture is a little blurry because Papa didn't want his picture taken with the basket on his head. But he wanted to put it on his head for Jaxen.



After I caught this picture, Cam told me to keep my camera to myself. He didn't know I had already captured the moment.



Silly girl, you're supposed to be listening.



Jaxen did not like the bunny ears. Ah! Get it off!



Avery didn't mind, though. Cutie pie.



"Dad, throw me up in the air." "I can't, you're too big. You'll hit the ceiling." "No, I won't hit my head. Just do it a little."



Silly Silas



Ready! For what? I don't know, but I think it'll be fun.



Ooh! A ball.



Mama & Jaxen on our first Easter Egg Hunt together.



Emma's response to, me saying, "Wait just a minute, smile."



Jessica found one of many.



Love the die hard, "GET EM'", look on his face.



Rome & Car



Mmnnn! The stuff in the ball is really good!



Helping Avery pick up her eggs.



"Show me the 'money'". He asked me to take his picture with these chocolate covered bunnies in green wrappers.



Rome, poking someone with Carson's fishing pole. Carson asked if he could do it, and Rome said, "No, you can't poke anyone." Well, neither should you, Rome!



Open It!



Granny JoAnnie with 2 grandchildren, and 3 great grandchildren. This is not all of them. Oh, No. I'm not exactly sure how many great grandchildren there are, but I know it's more than 10.



My little family on Easter, after the really muddy egg hunt which stained my new white shoes. And Jaxen's shoes, too! Myra, wait until after Easter next time to aerate Laurie's lawn. Thanks, Ben for taking the picture. Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. what a cute way to represent the atonement and teach children! I'm going to have to remember that one. Looks like you had a wonderful Easter with family. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, you really are amazing!! Not only do I love your amazing pictures, I also love the oreo idea! You always make the best/best looking desserts! :) I love this post, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!