
it isn't about her,

and it isn't about her, either. Even though it's their birthday's too,


it's all about him. This is my nephew. I haven't seen him since he was 1 year old. I kept his pictures from the 1st birthday party we threw for him. And, now, eight years later, he's back. He and I were tight. I can't help but wish we were still that tight. He just loved Aunt Heidi. His whole face would light up when he saw me. But, he's older now, he still remembers me, but it's not the same. But, none the less, we have been blessed to have him back in our lives. And to pick up where we left off, on a birthday party for him, is icing on the cake!

He totally looks just like my brother. Spittin' image is the correct term here. Right down to the brown hair on his head. This is EXACTLY how he looks at things. Tilted head, EVERYTHING!

I LOVE his face in this picture. We're singing "Happy Birthday" to him, and he just looks so sweet and innocent.

The Peanut Butter Cup, Cake! There are layers of peanut butter/marshmallow creme mixture in the middle.

Blowing out their candles.

They both love being silly.

Daddy & the strawberry cupcakes she requested. So cute!

Red & White inside the cupcakes.

This picture is a little blurry, but I love her face in it. I totally caught the moment. But I totally wish it wasn't blurry! I knew she'd love the Belle shoes. They match her dance outfit.

Close up.

Once again, it's all about him. Oh, how I've missed him. It was so good to see him, and I am so grateful he's back in our lives. I hope it's forever.
how come you haven't seen him for so long? and why are you just hoping you will continue getting to see him? and that peanut butter cup cake....um.....can we celebrate my birthday a little early (like when i come in june!) because that thing looks AMAZING!!
ReplyDeleteWell, his mom & my brother aren't married. Never have been. So, let's just say, her heart's been softened toward my brother. Brayden, the little boy, is also old enough now to ask to come to my mom's house. He also just found out that my brother is his dad, and not his mom's husband. I am worried I won't get to continue to see him because his parents' lives are so up & down. With drugs & alcohol, and they might just get possessive and jealous of our time with Brayden. Who knows, I just hope I still get to see him.
ReplyDeleteYou seriously are the greatest aunt in the entire world, Heidi. I am not just saying that. My heart just melts, I almost want to cry! You are just amazing!! I will pray that you guys get to see him more too! :)
ReplyDelete