Juggling
There is a "day" for everything in this world. And recently, it was National Jugglers Day. I totally feel like a juggler. Anyone else out there feel like a juggler? Some days I'm a good juggler, and some days I'm not. On those days, I get discouraged. There are so many "good" things I could be doing. I'm reminded of a talk by Elder Dallin H. Oaks of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, entitled, "Good, Better, Best". There are "Good" things, "Better" things, and the "Best" thing I could be doing. Ah! That is how I feel sometimes. Especially this week, finals week. The unknown of our future is driving me CRAZY! I should be putting my trust in the Lord by NOT worrying, but it's hard. I wonder where we'll be asked to go, what we'll be asked to do, and just generally what's going to happen? Do any of you know? That would help me out a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, how I wish I knew the future!! I'd make a ton of money, not to mention it'd make life a bit easier! Have faith and patience-I remember being where you are and wondering if we'd ever finish school and where we'd end up living. But the end of school came and we eventually found out where Scott would work. It's nice being settled, but I remember the school days and the days of future-wondering with happiness. Those days built our faith and tested our patience- in a different way than anything since has. I wouldn't go back to those days, but I really enjoyed them. I see Scott a lot less now than I did when he was in school. I miss that. But you are very wise-putting your time into those things that are "best". You've always seemed to me like someone who can see what's important through all of the rest of the "stuff" in life. That's something I really admire about you.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, this turned out a lot longer than I meant it to be. Love you!
Oh, Heidi, I completely understand! It's at least a small comfort knowing there are others in the same position of life, right? :) I wish I could tell you what's up in your future, heck I wish I even knew where we would be in 6 months! But either way, I know we will all end up wherever we are supposed to be, and we will be happy! And thank you so much for all your comments on my blog/fb! I love to read your responses! I am so grateful for our family!! You are such a great support! Love you!
ReplyDelete