Possibly Fussy

We've been wondering lately if Jaxen's medicine for his Acid Reflux is working. His doctor wants us to stop the medicine to see if it is really working before moving forward with any other treatment. I'm interested too because he's such a good baby despite the sour tummy. Anyway, my plan is to stop the medicine for a week, start it again for a week, and by then it will be time for his next appointment. Now to the good part.

I wanted to start this process by stopping the medicine the other day. Jaron is on board with the idea, but wanted me to wait because I had a meeting and that would have left him home alone with the possibly fussy baby! I cantered back and forth with him about how:

1-I'll have to deal with it most of the time.

2-My meeting was only 4 hours long which means Jaxen would be asleep for 2 hours of this possible fussy time.

3-The first feeding without the medicine would be the best.

And, (I didn't tell him this one, but I thought it.)

4-He's your baby too, deal with it!

I wasn't, and am not mad at Jaron, I'm honestly a little flabbergasted at the request. I thought, "What? He's a baby, some hours he's fussy, some hours he's not, and some hours he's both!" Does he really think that my day is full of the super happy baby he comes home to? For the most part, yes. But Jaxen has his days too. And, part of Jaxen's super happiness when daddy comes home is the fact that he's been staring at mommy all day!


In this picture, he's just proving to Emalyn that he's "2 arm strong". You have to admit though, super happy, or super fussy, he is super cute!

5 comments:

  1. I love your last thought to bad you didn't tell him. Haha Hey it was so good to see you guys yesterday thanks for coming over and yes he is super cute happy or sad. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's funny, it reminds me of the time that dave, i, and the boys needed to go to two stores right next to each other. so on the way i said to dave, which of the boys do you want to take with you? to which he said, "oh, i'm taking one? i thought you were going to take both." what?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! I showed Emalyn Jaxen's "two-arm strong" picture, and she said, "Well, that just means that he's growing up. But he has a long way to go to be as big as Krysta." Anyway, sorry I never answered your email. And I saw your comment to my post (thanks for the reminder that I hadn't posted in a while!)
    Scott has said stuff like what Jaron said- they're definitely brothers. so funny. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lovely lady! I'm so happy to have stumbled across your blog through Jesika's! Good luck with taking him off the reflux meds! I'd love to send you an invite to my blog. If you're interested just drop me a line (daniellejones05@gmail.com)!

    love ya,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boys are like that. They don't realize exactly what they're thinking though. Jaxen is getting so big! He looks like a little muscle man in that last pic and it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!