More Winter Fun, Inside


He looks happy here, but the title of this picture is "Bonk A Head". Every time he sees it he remembers that while putting out ice melt, sitting on Daddy's shoulders, he "Bonk A Head" on a rain gutter.


Being silly.


Getting ready to "Do my works, like Daddy".


Being like Mommy.


We did a little "stay-cation" in January. And we literally stayed home. But each day we went and did something fun. The picture above was from our first day when we went and saw Tangled. Jaxen and I crawled around the playground after the movie. During the movie our popcorn ran out. Somehow, Jaxen knew it was Daddy's job to refill the popcorn. This was their conversation in the middle of the movie:

"DADDY. Go get some more popcorn." "DADDY. I need more popcorn." Now Jaxen is pushing Jaron out of his chair. He was being so loud and I couldn't stop laughing. I was surprised that Jaron did go sooner to spare the other movie goers. "DADDY. Go now!" "Okay, Jaxen I'll go." "Thank You, Daddy."

There are no more pictures of our "stay-cation" because we forgot our camera. Here's what we did each day:

Day 2- Went to dinner at Olive Garden.

Day 3- Went swimming at the Lehi Pool. That pool is awesome! Right up until we left the big bucket and that whole water spot for kids wasn't turned on. But just as we were exiting the pool, the workers turned it on and Jaxen RAN out of the pool, he was so scared. And for days, weeks after, he told us, "I not scared of the bucket". We haven't been back yet to test that statement.

Day 4- Went bowling. Well, Daddy and Jaxen went bowling. It was fun trying to keep Jaxen from chasing his ball down the lane, and did you ever think you'd tell your child this while bowling? "Jaxen, don't lick the ball." I never did. But we said it, over and over again, trying really hard to not bust a gut each time!

Day 5- Went to the aquarium with some friends. Okay, I lied. We have pictures from the aquarium.


See the Alligator?


Inside an Octopus.


Our crazy friend Adam. Jaxen was happy to have a friend crawling around with him.


The cutie pie, kids.


Ready for movie night.


We always say we won't do gifts for Valentine's Day. I should know by now that every year Jaron comes home with something. This year it was a BIG surprise. Literally. These balloons were so fun. Especially for Jaxen.
Thank You, Daddy! We love you, too!

2 comments:

  1. soooo cute! looks like you had a great stay-cation! We'll have to do one of those soon-what a great idea. we're excited to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you guys are darling. I can't wait to meet baby girl. We've got to get together again. We should meet in SF for lunch or something. I crave Glades sometimes.....let's do it when it warms up.....yes???

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!