Faithful, Feminine, Fearless, & Strong



My AWESOME Young Women. Thanks for just being you, and making camp GREAT!












These next pictures are simply pictures of Koholowo. I went to Koholowo when I was in Young Women's, and loved it. I was excited to go back and see how it's changed, and to reminisce. The lodge is the same, the cabins are the same except you can't write in the rafters and there aren't any mattresses. The flag ceremony was done at a different spot than where we did it, and they now have hot showers! Only for the showers, though. The bathroom sink water is still really cold. Great for brushing your teeth with, but not for washing your hands and face with.





The meadow where I went snip hunting my first year at camp. Thanks a lot, Emily, Holly, and DeLynn! We also tried to cow tip one year, but it didn't work out so well. I played water games in the meadow, and in the lodge was the best camp cook, EVER! Shanda's grandma was our camp cook, and I missed seeing her this time I went. She passed away a few years ago. Walking into that kitchen was surreal, and wonderful. Walking into the cabins, the memories were so tangible, so vivid. Thanks to my Young Women leaders for all their hard work on our behalf. Your efforts are recognized.




Our stake did a phenomenal job at getting the devotional speakers. We had Elsabeth Green who has had some amazing trials and taught the girls to make sure they are standing tall. Physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Michael and MaryAnn Martin work with Jenny Phillips, an LDS music artist, and they told us, "The Parable of the Princesses". They spoke and sang during the devotional. Little girls who believe they are princesses, aren't pretending. They really are princesses. We loose such innocence as we grow older, but no matter how old we are, we are a "Daughter of a King". And lastly, my favorite, Chad Hymas. Type him into Google, find him on Facebook. He posted a movie of us on his Facebook page. Inspiring. He has overcome so much, is so humble, and is not afraid to share with the rest of us how he did it. This is the second time I've seen him speak, and each time is rewarding.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was great! I am so jealous- I'd love a YW calling!
    -Danielle (I must be logged in as Jer ;)

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!