
This is Emma.
This is Ellie.
I don't have a picture of the other girl involved, but her name is Izabel. This story is about three of the NINE, four year-old's I was responsible for the night of Emma's dance recital. This responsibility was pretty simple, get them on and off stage, but do it TWICE. Never a dull moment is exactly how I would describe our night.
You see, Ellie and Izabel were playing nicely, forehead to forehead, talking and laughing. Aw, cute! I turn away, then back and Emma is holding Ellie's head in her right hand, Izabel's in her left, and she's hitting their foreheads together! My first inclination is to tell Emma, loudly, to stop. But I can't, an older group is dancing on stage. I quickly assess the situation and no one is crying. Major plus! I then decide that this situation could get worse, fast. As I'm walking to talk to Emma, I look toward where Ellie's mom & dad are sitting to see if they notice, they don't. I then explain to Emma that only Ellie & Izabel can put their heads together, no one else can do it for them. I just love four year-old's. This bunch kept me on my toes, to say the least!



Emma loves her costume. It's yellow, and very pretty. She danced around all night and wanted us to call her "Belle".
And, last but not least, Mr. and Mrs. Claus came to the recital too! We thought that maybe sitting with Emma would help curb Jaxen's anxiety, but as you can see, nope.
I wish I could have been a spectator to all of that craziness!!! How funny! Beautiful pics, gotta love that rebel.
ReplyDeleteHa Ha!! I love it!! Cute pictures too...I might need you to email me the one of Smelly Ellie. :P
ReplyDeleteHow freaking cute! Poor little Jaxen is scared of Santa, I remember Toby acting like that too.
ReplyDelete