Watching you stumble, teeter back and forth, and fall on your bum and say "Oh" because you're learning to walk. You're growing up; that's no ordinary day.
I'm standing at the sink doing the dishes, and you bring me a book. I stop doing the dishes and we sit on the rug in front of the refrigerator and read it at least 3 times. You enjoy reading; that's no ordinary day.
You pick up a Wise Man and return it to the Nativity across the room without being asked, then go back to playing. This is special because the Nativity has only been out for a week. You're very observant; that's no ordinary day.
Taking the pans from under the stove is a favorite of yours, trying to sit in the smallest one is too. You're discovering; that's no ordinary day.
Chasing me as I run backwards yelling "Oh, no, you're gonna get me." You get me, we giggle, then I pick you up and you bounce up and down in my arms. You're very rough and tumble; that's no ordinary day.
Hearing you're sweet little voice learning to talk. Up, "Um" (when repeated numerous times, it ends up sounding like Emma). I see, "A see" (repeated numerous times). Banana, "Nana". Peaches, "Cheaches". Bye, "A-Bye". Shoes, "Shoiz". And lastly; On, "On". Pronounced "Hon" with your tongue sticking out. You're learning; that's no ordinary day.
When you grab my fingers because you want me to push the buttons, only, you don't let go of them and we play with the toy together. You want to spend time with me; that's no ordinary day.
When I'm in the bathroom and you're tiny fingers peek under the bathroom door. You want to be everywhere I am; that's no ordinary day.
I love hearing you laugh; that's no ordinary day.
Watching you practically fall over with excitement over things I find ordinary; that's no ordinary day.
Listening to you talk and play in your crib during nap time; that's no ordinary day.
Watching Dada read you a bedtime story in your room; that's no ordinary day.
You dance to any music you hear, whether standing, sitting in your highchair, or having your diaper changed. You just have to "move it, move it"! You can hear; that's no ordinary day. (I have video of this, but it took too long to download. So, just picture in your head, Jaxen shrugging his shoulders and shaking his hips to some Christmas music.)
I don't have ordinary days anymore, I have EXTRAordinary ones, because I'm your mom.
AWWWW!!!! I feel that way about being a mom too!
ReplyDeleteLol I loved it! Jaxen is a seriously cute boy!
ReplyDeleteHe is so darling, you said it perfectly!
ReplyDeleteSure, go ahead and make me cry, why don't ya!! I loved that post!! And even those days like today, when I was irritable and ornery, they still seem to make it extraordinary just by being them! Aren't we so blessed!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you put this...it's so true, a mother never has an ORDINARY DAY...that's what makes being a mom so rewarding!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of Jaxon at the end...soooo stinkin' CUTE!
You're such a good MOM! Love ya.
Man I can't believe how big he's gotten. Great post. I can't wait to be a mom!
ReplyDelete