So it all really started with our trip to Idaho Falls in March.
After a long winter with a new baby, we just needed to get out of the house. So, we went to Idaho Falls to feed the ducks. And of course, to see Scott & Amy who so graciously welcomed us even though Amy was leaving in a couple days for New York.
Our next destination, California. This is the view from out our hotel door. It was AWESOME. The hotel is located near a nature reserve so we had rabbits on our patio, ducks flew over the hotel and into the pool, and as luck would have it, Jaron and Cam met a HUGE snake on the golf course nearby.
The grounds were fantastic. They had Shuffle Board, Ping Pong, a Golf Course, a full gym, and two swimming pools. Oh, and, the most extravagant, tasty Brunch we've ever been to. I just wish we'd been there for a wedding, and not a funeral. Love you Grandma!
Our next destination, Arizona by way of Nevada. This is the view Jaxen and I had of each other down to Phoenix and back. He was SO good. I was a little anxious having never driven with a baby that far before, but I was pleasantly surprised.
The beautiful sunset as we're heading home from Phoenix. Hoover Dam is awesome at night but I didn't get a good picture. Here's a funny quote we saw on the way down to Phoenix, just before Hoover Dam; "Life's too short to sit in this 'Dam' traffic helicopter rides $30." No, we didn't take a helicopter ride, the line was too long!
Now, back home and up to Heber Valley Camp. All my years of dancing have paid off. They were preparing me for when I'd be a mom and have to walk a moving balance beam with a moving baby strapped to my belly! That was probably my favorite part of the challenge course, seeing all the things I could do with a squirmy Jaxen strapped to me. I'm quite talented I might add.
Here's our challenge course group, Jaron's cousins, their kids, Uncle John, his kids, Jaron's dad, and us. We had so much fun, everyone was willing to work together, and be good sports about each challenge.
These are my paddle boatin' boys. There is a small lake at Heber Valley Camp and you can't swim in it, but they have paddle boats and canoes. We loved our trip even though it was short and sweet.
Here we are just after the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. And, YES, our baby is folding his arms at the temple. Aren't we good parents?
July 24th, a nice, hot summer day except of course at night, it rained. Okay, it POURED on us while we were waiting for the fireworks to start. Jaxen was kept dry sitting with my mom under this blanket, but my camping chair had a puddle in it. At least the baby was happy.
Yes, the show did go on. Jaxen loved the fireworks at first. After a couple minutes though, he wasn't as interested anymore. My mom gave the quote, "Seen one, seen 'em all." Mine and Jaron's eyes are practically closed because of the bright flash in the dark night. Oh, and Happy 7th Anniversary of our first date Handsome!
Then, Jaron went off camping with the scouts for four days. They needed one more leader so they could go and Jaron so nicely volunteered. We do have pictures of him actually camping, but I don't know where the jump drive is they're on. You'll just have to believe me that he went. He had fun, and so did the scouts.
Meanwhile, back at home, Emma and I did some baking. And some playing.
While birthday party supply shopping, Jaron decided to turn Jaxen into a monster. Cutest monster I've ever seen!
Muscle man Jaxen and his daddy.
We've been having lots of fun with both Grandma's. Above is Grandma Peggy and Emma. But, Grandma Nancy let Jaxen play with her phone and he changed the settings for when she dials a call. She's left it that way and each time she dials a phone number she thinks of Jaxen. If you ask me, that was his plan all along!
And last, but not least, my favorite picture of the summer. Jaxen with the generations of good men he has to look up to. And two of the three men he was named after. Love it. Love being part of such a great family.
We hope you've enjoyed our summer as much as we have. Coming soon, the highlight of our summer, the highlight of our lives, Jaxen's Birthday! I can't wait.
yah! so glad you posted!! sounds like you guys have been busy having lots of fun! can't wait to hear more...
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys have had a fabulous summer! I love Jaxen's monster pic and the great 4 generation picture with Grandpa John!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI missed spelled a word and it bugged me so here I go again. It sounds like you guys had so much fun! Your photos are darling and Jaxen is getting so big and is so dang cute:) Hope all is well!
ReplyDelete