FAMILY

It wasn't all fun and games in California. My grandma passed away, but it was a huge blessing. She suffered from Dementia for about 4 years, and my grandpa has been gone for 20 years. I only wish we lived closer so I could have seen her more. I have a picture of her towards the end of her life and it looks like grandma, but it isn't. So I took this first picture, of a picture, at her funeral. It's my Grandma & Grandpa on their wedding day in the 1940's. Priceless photo. The next picture is of my great grandma & her siblings. They did things differently back then in Old Time Sicily. My great-great grandma (the one who had all these children) was 13 when she got married!







Though we were there for a funeral, it was nice to see family we only see once every 5-10 years. Except my brother, my sister & my dad. They live close. Above: Dad & his siblings. Dad is the one on the left. I know, you wouldn't believe it on the street that these three are brothers & sister. Next, Dad & the kids who were able to attend. And, my Sister Erin and her son Dominic. So cute!





Eating at In & Out Burger. That place was hoppin'! Jaxen & Dominic got more acquainted during this trip. They are 3 months apart, and they loved each other. And to the much chagrin of their mothers who could not stop them; they were chatting up a storm to eachother during Funeral Mass! I think great-grandma & great-grandpa could hear them in Heaven. Next, cute cousins Jaxen & Dominic in their plaid shorts on my aunt's plaid couch! And lastly, the funniest picture of all. Why? Because my uncle does not have any children, nor does he want any children. Erin and I stuck our kids in his arms and snapped pictures. HA! HA!

More pictures to come, because we had more fun!

4 comments:

  1. that one of the two boys on the couch is a classic pic I love all the old pictures of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a good time, despite the reason you went...

    ReplyDelete
  3. those boys are too freakin cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your Grandma! You have a cute family though. Jaxen is just adorable too!

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!