Letter to the Editor

To whom it may concern:

The following are three things in my day that needlessly take up time, or that are generally annoying. Please note these are not necessarily the top three, just ones bugging me now.

Showering. I enjoy being clean, I am grateful I have a shower, and running water; it just takes up time in my day. Being a housewife and mother, I could be washing laundry or dishes instead of myself. Two things of which help out more people than just me. Can't we be self cleaning like other mammals?

It's really OK that some of my hair fell out after having my baby, but I ask you, "Did it have to grow back at my forehead hairline?" "Will it ever grow out to be more than just a nuisance? Or to be more than 1 inch high?" I say "high" instead of "long" because the hairs are not long, they stand straight up!

Diapers. Note that I said "diapers" and NOT "diapering". I enjoy the time I have with my baby during diaper changes. No this does not mean my husband gets off the hook. My complaint is not with the act of changing diapers, or with the frequency of it. I REALLY don't appreciate the smell! I try hard to keep it all in the garbage can, but changing the garbage can liner isn't pleasant. In our house, it requires one to take the garbage can outside, hold your breath, open with the wind blowing away so you're not knocked down by the smell of old pee. "Oh, I can't wait for more kids, and potty training!"

I know, if these are my only complaints about life than I have it pretty good. And I do, just enjoy my humor about the not so pleasant pleasantries of motherhood.

Sincerely,
Mom Who Does Take A Shower

6 comments:

  1. yeah, my sister has decided that she only has time for one shower a week. seriously. i have not joined her on that, but it's the same idea as what you're saying-she just doesn't have time...and i LOVE the picture at the top!! i'm coming to utah this summer (did i already tell you that?) while dave goes to officer training so we should get together, i'd LOVE to see your little guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I hate showering too!! There are so many other things I'd rather do with my time. And sorry about your hair. That stinks. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. And that your hair grows longer. And that those diapers smell better...ha ha ha...don't we all wish. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I'm still fighting for showers! I count myself lucky though if they are ever more than five minutes.
    P.S. The smell gets worse as they get older- sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so very cute! Wish we were closer so we could get to know all the new family memebers!! Are you living in Payson?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahaha oh Heidi...where do I start???

    First of all here's a tip for those diapers that BOMB the place...after my first one I felt the same way...but now 6 kids later I always save my plastic grocery sacks and immediately put the diaper in it after changing the baby then tie the bag in a big knot so the smell can't excape...BELIEVE me it works...NO SMELLY GARBAGE...and no lingering smell too! Hope that helps ya?

    Oh and ...about the showers...I think every mom could second your motion! hahah, it's just something we HAVE TO do not something we WANT TO do! :D

    Hope you had an awsome Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am so with you on the showers. Actually, taking the shower is not that big of a deal, it's drying my hair that wastes my time!

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!