Tulips!!

10 reasons I love spring:

10- Flip Flops
9- Warmer Weather
8- Green Grass
7- The smell after rain.
6- Birds Chirping
5- Trees Blooming
4- My Birthday
3- Going on walks.
2- Sunny Spring Mornings

And……

1- Tulips

Why Tulips? When my mom was pregnant with me, life was hard. She was a single mom to two rambunctious little boys, and pregnant with me. Due to her high-stress life, she was afraid that complications may arise with the pregnancy, and that I wouldn’t come out all right. In the Fall she planted Tulips so that if something happened with me, she’d have Tulips to look forward to in the Spring. Of course, I came out fine (this is highly disputed by my brothers), and so did the Tulips. Thus, Tulips are my favorite flower. It’s refreshing when Spring comes. It signifies that another year has passed, and that I SURVIVED!

4 comments:

  1. that is such a sweet story! i'll think of that now when i see tulips!! so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE tulips! All the pink ones in my front island were planted to honor my older sister who survived breast cancer. I've planted tulips over at the hospital in her honor also.

    I think you came out more than fine! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That made my eyes water. Your mommy is so tough! Things were so stressful with us when I was pregnant that I had some of the same worries (of course what your mom went through was probably harder!) maybe Alexa will be a trooper like you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that picture of Jaxen! He is such a doll with an awesome smile!

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!