"Who would you be without your story?"

I really wanted to share what I heard today on Studio 5 from a clinical psychologist, Dr. Liz Hale. It's about being happy in the here and now. I really loved her advice.

"AM I CHASING OR CHOOSING HAPPINESS TODAY?"

"IS THAT REALLY TRUE?" Thoughts land on you and I all day long. We have two options: we either believe them or we question them.

"WHO DO I WANT TO BE HERE?" In other words, be the kind of person you want to be not because of who "they" are, but because of who you are.

"FROM WHOM DO I NEED TO OBTAIN FEEDBACK THIS WEEK?" We are so afraid of feedback…and we often become defensive when it's given. Knowing the details of the relationship empowers you with the ammo to create a winning connection, product, or service.

"WHAT IF I MADE THIS EASIER?" Asking myself, "What if I were to make this easier" breathes new life and an ease into the project, regardless if that project is throwing a party or writing an article. It changes my perspective.

If you'd like to read her whole article, go to studio5.ksl.com and click on "The 5 Self-Reflectors".

P.S. Jaron thinks this post is "boring". I think this post in insightful. Who's right?

4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing that! i really liked those questions, definitely has some things to think about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And who will I be tomorrow??...that is an even more puzzling question

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. This is a great post. I enjoy reading stuff with meaning behind it. We really can choose to be happy. Not that it is bad to feel sad sometimes as long as you move forward. How are you guys. We need to get together. I know life is so busy. We went to Francom Motors and saw your brother.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!