NYC: Coming Home

Coming home is so sweet! We got home late, late at night. Jaron had tried to put Jaxen to bed, but did tell him that when he woke up, Mama would be home. Well, our little boy missed his Mama and it backfired a little on Daddy. I had called Jaron while we waited for our luggage and about 30 minutes later he called me back. Odd because we had just talked.


Turns out, Jaxen woke up way before I got home and wouldn't go back to sleep without seeing his Mama. Jaron called to see where we were at, and we should have been further, but someones luggage was lost. He had a very anxious little boy on his hands. He ended up having to tell Jaxen that Mama would be home after 'Dragons' (How to Train Your Dragon) and I barely made it as the credits were rolling. We pulled up and Jaxen tried coming out to see me, but the cement was very cold. He went back to the door and told me to come to him. And of course I obliged. I missed him too.

Of all the "New York" things I could have gotten him, I opted instead for something bought in New York, at the insanely large Toys R Us. And a "Shake n Go Lightning McQueen" was perfect. Love the look of pure happiness on his face.




About 5 years before we had kids, Jaron brought me home some cute little baby boy socks. I don't particularly remember wanting kids at that moment, but it was his way of telling me- "One day, hun". We hadn't gotten any special socks for our baby girl yet and so when I saw these- perfection! These feet did visit New York by way of my pregnant belly. ;)


He really missed his Mama, and Mama missed her Jaxen!

For weeks, months, after my trip, Jaxen would say: "Good-bye, Mommy. I goin' to New Yorks." And for months after, he sees an airplane and is certain it's going to "New Yorks". Numerous times when anyone in our little family would leave, he would ask: "Daddy? You goin' to New Yorks?" Jaxen also said when we'd all get in the car together that he wanted to "Drive to New Yorks." I was gone for 5 days and that was enough. For all of us. He stood outside our bedroom door and call for me. Jaxen did really well the first few days, then the day I came home, he turned for the worst. What a fun experience! Though it was really hard being away from my boys, I'm so glad that Jaron was willing to let me go, and have this experience. Happy Birthday to me!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Give it to me straight!