Whew! Baby #2!
There have been numerous times I've wanted to write about this roller coaster that is: pregnancy. But not just pregnancy, it's different this time. I have an inquisitive, energetic, patience pushing, adorable little boy who just wants ALL of my attention. Not a problem! I keep telling myself that it was worth all this to have him, it must be worth it for this baby, too.
There have been numerous times I've wanted to write about this roller coaster that is: pregnancy. But not just pregnancy, it's different this time. I have an inquisitive, energetic, patience pushing, adorable little boy who just wants ALL of my attention. Not a problem! I keep telling myself that it was worth all this to have him, it must be worth it for this baby, too.
She really waved to us that day. It was sweet. Here's an amazing profile shot. Isn't it just awesome that you can really see her eye socket, nose, upper and lower lip, brain, and spine? That black hole is gonna cost us a lot of money just like Jaxen's did. It's her stomach! :)We were caught totally off guard by her gender. And really, for a long time had a hard time wrapping our brains around it. We're both scared to have a girl. Not because we don't want this little angel, but because we both feel more comfortable taking care of boys. Go ahead, laugh at us. Think we're just naive. It's not just because Jaxen came first, girly things of all sorts, scare us. It's uncharted, and unexpected territory, and that's always scary.
The above picture is for Baby Sister more than anyone. It is commemorating that I turned 25 weeks pregnant on the 25th day of the month. I also took a picture of me while pregnant with Jaxen at about this stage. Instead of taking a picture every month, I take one about the middle, and towards the end. I don't need a picture each month to remind me that I'm only getting larger!
Notice in the above ultrasound picture she's bigger? That's because she is. I love my doctor. He came in at my 24 week checkup and said, "Now, we decided this was a girl, right?" "Well, you told me there was a 97% chance it's a girl." "Oh, well, I've got time, let's go down the hall here and make it 99%." It was so neat to see her just one month later. She was significantly bigger and the evidence that she's a girl made it a 99% guarantee for me.As for Jaron, he was so happy that the doctor did another ultrasound. Despite the fact that he was there for the first ultrasound, he didn't trust the results. Told ya we're scared! It really solidified it in his mind after that day and I saw a change in him. A good change. Our conversations about various baby girl needs and such improved. Not only did the ultrasound assist us in wrapping our heads around having a girl, but I also got to see her again. Which is very rare when you have virtually uncomplicated pregnancies.
This is a video I sent to my Aunt to tell her the gender.
We are confident that children come from Heavenly Father in the proper order. And despite our fears, of course we welcome her. It's sinking in the more pink and purple we buy!
I just love the way Jaxen says, "Baby Sister".

yah!! congrats!!! we just found out we're having a girl too!!!! i'm nervous as well-but we're super excited-dave especially, he's been wanting a girl sooo bad!!! anyways, remind me when you're due again?? too bad we don't live close by to figure this whole girl thing out together:)
ReplyDelete