Happy 4th of July!



Yes, I do realize that this picture is also in my last post! BUT, these are scrapbook pages, people. Not just pictures.



EVERY year from before I was born, we've had a picnic on Memorial Day, July 4th, July 24th, and Labor Day. These aren't just any old picnic. No, the WHOLE family comes. It's been for my grandpa's mother & siblings and their families. Like I said, the WHOLE family. Sadly, we've dwindled in numbers, we don't play games like we used to, and the beloved park where we always had the picnics is closed. BUT, that does not keep us from still getting together.



A special Thank You to Bob & June for always reserving the spot. These picnics are really special to me. I have numerous childhood memories of playing at GRA, and being excited for the holiday because of the picnic. A few things I remember are: putting anything you wanted to keep cold in the river, tied up. And chasing down river after a couple of things! Playing softball and getting my bum burned on the HOT train. Ah, good times.



After picnicking, and a nap, we went swimming, hot dog roasting, and smore making at mom's.





Look at that face! Pure joy, I tell ya!

1 comment:

  1. We always went to GRA park for the 4th too!! That is so weird! We probably saw each other there! Is it closed? That makes me sad, except that we used to get leeches from the river. Gross.

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!