I love the symbolism in this picture. Jaxen is so peaceful and straight from Heaven. He needs someone to hold him up so he doesn't fall; now and in the future. I love that Jaron & I are holding him up together. It literally and figuratively shows our responsibility to Jaxen and to Heavenly Father; to teach him the gospel, and to love him unconditionally.

Thanks to everyone who attended Jaxen's blessing. Especially to those who made sacrifices to be there. It was great to feel of your love through your presence. Also, thanks to those who brought the super treats, and who helped get them out on the table. It was tasty and pretty! I have to admit, it was a little weird to be the mom this time around the baby blessing scene. But, I jumped in with both feet, and it turned out fine. I'd been dreaming of this time in my life for years, and to have it be here is a bit surreal. But all in all, it was wonderful to be the "mom".
Now, to any woman who was a mother before me, including my mother: I have silently watched as you've raised your children, and have taken bits of each of your mothering skills for myself. I hope you don't mind. I have gathered some great ideas over the years, and I thank you for being you. I feel so blessed to finally be joining you in this great work. Let’s face it; there are good days, bad days, downright awful days, and absolutely wonderful days. It's work alright, but it's the most rewarding job I've ever had. I love being a mom! Joke: Today's a good day. ;)
i'm so glad you commented on my blog because i had completely forgot to check yours! you have so many great updates! i liked your thoughts about the blessing and your guys' role in Jaxen's life. i also really liked your thoughts about your uncle's family's sealing...what a sweet husband you have! i'm sure you guys are amazing!! (and you're probably right to both-jaxen is super cute AND it's probably cause of you-you have an amazingly contagious personality that draws people to you!)
ReplyDelete