Whew! 365 Days

Notice: This post will probably come across as being a pity party, and selfish. Read on if you'd like.

I cannot believe it's been a year since all heck broke out in my family. Jaron tells me I shouldn't think about it, and focus on moving on. BUT, it was the hardest thing EVER. I don't know how I can call it a "thing" because it was so many different "things". So much pain, so many tears, and so much confusion. I believe that a part of being able to move on is also being able to look back and evaluate where you've been. Not to the extent of re-living the heartache, but simply as a tool to help you improve. That is what I am attempting to do.

It still hurts. I miss all of them terribly. My Grandma died, Jaron's Grandpa died, and 2 divorces happened. One being the most painful divorce I've ever witnessed. (Not between Jaron and I.) I miss them in my everyday life. I miss how life used to be. He was a father figure to me. She was my big sister. She is still my favorite niece. I just want to shout to the world how much it hurts, how confusing it is, and how I don't feel it needed to happen the way it did. Sometimes I didn't say or do the right thing, but honestly, it's really hard to know what to say when faced with certain situations. And when you really LOVE the people involved.

My nephew came back into our lives after 8 years. What a wonderful thing, and a sad thing. Both of my nephews live under less than ideal circumstances. They have food and clothing, but their mothers' boyfriends are not nice. About all I can do is pray for them and show them a GREAT time when they're with me. I desperately want to reach in and take them out of their homes. But that's not necessarily the answer. I am a firm believer in the fact that children were sent to their specific parents for a reason. This must be true with my nephews. I have to believe it is true. And I would never trade the worrying for not having them in my life.

I'll be fine. But I'm still processing all of these "things", and doing my best to move on from these heart wrenching and heart breaking experiences.

Whew! 365 days that went by fast and hard.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, Heidi. I know that you are a constant strength to your family, and without you, their lives would be worse than... well, hell, I guess! :) I love you and am so grateful for you!!! You are wonderful!

    And yes, her brother is Joe Durfey! Such a small world! :) Jenna was actually on drill, but I think it was after you graduated. She is in my ward, and they are so awesome!! I'll have to tell her!
    LOVE you! Thanks again, for everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry that it's been such a rough year!! dave and i had one of those too....i bet you're glad to be where you are now compared to when it all started a year ago! you are so amazing!! sure am glad we got to know you-you are a beautiful person inside and out! hope this next year goes better than the last!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Heidi it did sound like a hectic year to say the least! I hope things stay calmer for you this year, and that you get a chance to show those kids the love and happiness that you have:)

    ReplyDelete

Give it to me straight!